Home Environment Climate Change

Scientists Are 95% Positive That Humans Are Responsible for Climate Change

17
1

AR5 Peer ReviewListen up people. This is serious. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has released an assessment of current climate research and the IPCC’s conclusions could not be any clearer. There is 95% certainty that humans are responsible for warming the atmosphere, and we are getting closer and closer to the point of no return.

An intergovernmental panel, the IPCC is considered the world’s leading climate change and global warming advisory body, and its fifth assessment report (AR5), is a document released every six years that is considered the benchmark on climate change. More than 800 authors and 50 editors from dozens of countries took part in its creation. The IPCC’s reports, which focus on peer-reviewed research, undergo a meticulous review process involving thousands of scientists and government representatives.

The painstaking research verified that each of the last three decades has been successively warmer at the Earth’s surface than any preceding decade since 1850. In the Northern Hemisphere, 1983–2012 was likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 1400 years.

Atmospheric concentrations of methane, nitrous oxide, and carbon dioxide (CO2), have increased to unparalleled levels in the last 800,000 years. Since pre-industrial times, CO2 concentrations have increased by 40%. This is due to fossil fuel emissions and from net land use change emissions.

Ocean acidification has increased since it has absorbed about 30% of the emitted anthropogenic carbon dioxide.

In order to keep global warming below an internationally agreed upon target of 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit above preindustrial levels, the IPCC calculated that only approximately 1 trillion tons of carbon can be burned and the resulting gas spewed into the atmosphere.

The IPCC’s full report will be made public next week.

(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)

1 COMMENT

  1. What a sad state of affairs when you gather together a group of people who advocate human driven climate change and you still can only get 95% to agree with you. Manipulation of figures to try and prop up your weak statement is a sure sign that your pulling at straws to make a legitimate argument. So I ask what did the other 5% say was the cause for climate change? Where is the other side of the debate? Stories are written and reports generated in order to provide information used to make an informed decision, however the whole truth is never presented. The underlying question is why? If the advocates for climate change are so afraid to present the whole truth then it shows no faith in their statements. Logic dictates that if challenged the facts they present would not hold up, thus you never hear the opposing view. So if you are only going to present one side of an equation in order to predetermine the outcome your not quoting science your spewing propaganda to influence the population. Half a truth is a lie pure and simple.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.